Thursday, November 6, 2008

"Heading to work"

Commuting. To work. This can be one of the most stressful times of the day. I mean, you're heading into a place where you may not really want to be, anyway. And on top of this, you must contend with people who are pushing and shoving and whatnot... to the point to where you might just want to say, "STOP, I want to get off!"

It's OK though. At least you have a place to go, somewhere to be and a way to get there. Even if it is via public transportation. 

No complaints from me, though. I mean, I am happy to be able to take the train and a bus (and sometimes even another bus) in order to get to work. 

I mean, with the present state of things these days, it's
 a good thing to be able to have a job. Any job. And since I have been blessed with having a job, I am not going to trip on the little things like ... getting to and from work. I prefer the Red Line, myself. Having lived in New York City for many years before becoming a West Coast transplant, I am fond of a good subway system. Even used to it. Comfortable.

Besides, contrary to popular belief, everyone who lives in Los Angeles is not "blinging." Some people are just glad to have enough to ride Metro.

And we have a new president of the United States. Barack Hussein Obama, a black man!

There is plenty to be happy about ... as we head to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment